If you are interested in learning how to smoke cigars, one of the best places to do so is at a cigar club (also called a cigar lounge). Our team at Top Leaf Cigar Lounge has been welcoming cigar smokers of all levels of experience for many years, and you can count on us to help you have a good time.
Before you visit a cigar club for the first time, you should take the time to learn the proper etiquette, and we’ve made that easy by putting together this guide for you. Keep reading to learn the fundamentals of cigar club etiquette.
- Cigar Clubs Are for Cigar Smoking – The first rule of cigar club etiquette is that the club is for smoking cigars and only cigars. If you are looking for a place to smoke cigarettes, vapes, or anything but cigars, look elsewhere.
- Show Respect By Buying the Club’s Cigars – If the cigar club has a cigar store, it’s good manners to purchase at least one or two cigars from the club store each time you visit. You can still bring and smoke your own cigars, but buying cigars from the shop shows respect and appreciation to the club for hosting you.
- Bring Your Own Lighter and Cutter – While you are not expected to have the full range of cigar accessories as a new smoker, you should still bring your own lighter and cutter to the cigar club. If you forget, you can often buy your own from the club’s store, or you can ask the club to borrow theirs, but it’s rude to ask to borrow these supplies from other patrons. Similarly, it’s rude to ask to try other guests’ cigars.
- Watch Your Smoke – Although cigar clubs are smoky environments, that doesn’t mean it’s okay to blow your smoke into other people’s faces. Instead, make sure to direct your smoke away from other guests.
- Clean Up After Yourself – Lastly, always use an ashtray (there will be plenty at the club) and empty it when you are finished smoking. Before you go, make sure to dispose of your cigars and other trash properly and leave your spot just as clean as when you arrived.