Just like with any other product, not all cigars are created equal. Our team at Top Leaf Cigar Lounge wants to help you get the best possible smoking experience, and we offer a range of high-quality cigars to let you do just that. We are happy to provide recommendations to both new smokers and veterans alike, and we can even provide tips on how to recognize a quality cigar when you see it. In this article, we’ll go over a few signs to look for in order to identify high-quality cigars.
- Wrapper- One hallmark of quality cigars is the wrapper–this outermost layer should be applied flawlessly, with no gaps or tears in the paper.
- Uniformity- Another sign of quality in cigars is color uniformity. The cigar should not be mottled or spotted, but should have a uniform color throughout.
- Humidity Level- The humidity level also makes a difference when it comes to cigar quality. If a cigar has not been stored at ideal humidity levels, it will feel dry, flaky, or crumbly, and should be avoided.
- Firmness- Quality cigars should also be well-filled with tobacco and should not have any weak spots. This means that the cigar should feel consistently firm all along its length.
- Aroma- The last way to judge the quality of cigars is to inhale their scent. When at a cigar shop, ask permission to take the cigar out of its outer wrapping, then bring it close to your nose to take a nice, deep inhale–if the scent appeals to you, chances are that the tase will, too.